GAFFNEY EXTENSION / GAFFNEY PATENTS: OVERVIEW
- Lower Manitou Lake Area 60 kilometres south of Dryden, Ontario.
- 26 unpatented claims covering 4,560 hectares (Gaffney Extension) and 12 patented claims totalling 174 hectares (Gaffney Patents).
- All claims are contiguous.
- Located along the southern portion of the Manitou Straits Deformation Zone.
- Two historical operations: Gaffney Shaft and the Bee Hive Shaft.
- Gold bearing zone traced along 440 metres of strike extent to a vertical depth of 250 metres (open along strike to the northeast and to the southwest and down dip).
- Gold within disseminated sulphides and small quartz veins within a quartz diorite intrusion and within feldspar porphyry dykes.
Exploration Program and Assay Highlights
- Locating and sampling a series of trenches identified on a 1943 Sylvanite Gold Mines Ltd. sampling assay plan map underway at Gaffney Patents. Trenches are spaced along a 375 metre long trend and are heavily overgrown. (see news release November 7, 2013)
- Ground magnetometer surveys completed (Gaffney Extension)
- Approximately 12,000 metres drilled (48 diamond drill holes) as of September 2012. (Gaffney Extension)
- Drill program demonstrated the presence of significant gold mineralization over substantial widths and indicates the presence of a large gold system (see news release December 6, 2012)
- Re-interpretation of geophysical data, newly identified targets